You don’t want the debris to fly into your mouth or your eyes when you’re using a chainsaw. Then again, you don’t want the chainsaw to hit you, which is also very possible as the high chain movement can make it hard to control.
This is why it’s necessary to equip adequate protection whenever you’re using a chainsaw. One of the major pieces of equipment that you’ll need to get yourself is the chainsaw helmet.
To help you find the right equipment for you, we’ll discuss the best chainsaw helmets for narrowing down your search.
Here you’ll find only the best, and we’re confident that you won’t find a product better than this.
Top Chainsaw Helmet Comparison Table
Pfanner Protos Arborist Helmet
Husqvarna ProForest Chain Saw Helmet
NoCry Forestry Safety Helmet
Forester Arborist Helmet
STIHL Woodcutter Helmet
7 Best Chainsaw Helmet Reviews
In this guide, we chose the best helmets basing on multiple factors like durability, design, resistance to shock, comfort, etc. Proceed to find what makes each one of them unique and worth buying.
1. Pfanner Protos Arborist Helmet
The Pfanner Protos helmet is built for both style and safety. It maintains all the EN397 recommendations, which is why it’s shockproof, impenetrable, provides an adjustable chin strap, and follows the recommended design scheme.
This helmet also has the EN 12492 certification. The best part about this helmet is that you can adjust any component of it using only two of your fingers. So, if you’re holding a chainsaw or any other heavy machinery in one hand, you’ll still be able to adjust it freely.
Then again, it’s one of the few arborist safety helmets that offer rear and side protection along with full-frontal protection. To keep your face safe, there’s a vent on the front. You can open or close this vent on-demand.
Most helmets made in the traditional design limits the field of view of the user, which is very important. However, this helmet won’t limit your field of vision, as it’s made following a ‘Swept Back’ design that provides wider vision.
- Swept-back design provides a wider field of vision than any other helmet.
- Only helmet to offer both rear and side protection.
- Extremely safe as it’s both EN 397 and EN 12492 certified.
- A flexible chin strap allows great adjustability and fit.
- Klima-Air technology will keep your head from getting warm.
- Can be worn without a strap as weight is evenly distributed across the helmet.
- The helmet isn’t UV protected.
- Doesn’t offer a plastic front cover.
2. Husqvarna ProForest Chain Saw Helmet – Best Cheap Chainsaw Helmet
There are some unique features to this helmet that makes it suitable not only for chainsaw usage but also for working in the forest. It comes with a universal shape for which it fits most people with ease.
One unique feature of this helmet is that it’s UV protected. Due to the UV protection, you’ll be protected from the harmful sun rays during your long hours of work.
There’s a six-point suspension in this helmet that’ll keep you safe from heavy blows and any type of shock. So, you’ll be protected from any injuries if any heavy object hits your head.
A face screen that’s made of mesh will cover your face. Even though a mesh panel helps with great airflow, it’s always better to have an additional glass panel for protection against the smaller particles.
The unique feature here is the neck guard. This is a piece of vinyl that’ll protect your neck from the rain if you wish to work in the rain.
- Neck guard that protects the neck from rain.
- UV protection keeps the user safe from harmful sun rays.
- ANSI Z89.1-2003 Class G-E-C standards certification boasts superior protection.
- Very comfortable as it’s a lightweight helmet.
- The six-point suspension offers greater fit and shock-resistance.
- The orange color can be detected easily in the dark, which will improve safety.
- The mesh face screen allows great breathability.
- Would’ve been better if it had a glass front panel.
- While it fits most, it won’t fit everyone.
3. NoCry Forestry Safety Helmet
Mesh front panels aren’t always enough to protect you from flying particles. Sometimes, fine particles can enter through the mesh panels and get to your eyes. This is why solid transparent panels are important.
The NoCry Safety Helmet offers both polycarbonate and meshed front panels, which is great. This panel will keep you safe and won’t get scratched or damaged easily. The helmet is extremely lightweight, which makes it suitable for all sorts of heavy work.
It comes in a universal size, and it can fit anyone as it comes with an adjustable headband. The ear protectors are 25.9dB NNR rated, and they’ll protect your ears from external sound and any sort of damage. If you want, you can configure these ear protectors in six different ways.
There’s also a sweatband in front of the helmet. This band is padded, so it doesn’t cause any discomfort, and it’ll keep your eyes safe from excessive sweating. With this, you’ll be able to focus on your work fully.
The protective capabilities of this helmet are verified with a Z89.1-2003 ANSI rating. It’s a great helmet for professionals and DIY workers alike.
- Rotatable ear cups can be configured in six ways.
- Padded sweatband keeps eyes safe from sweat.
- 2.1lb. A polypropylene helmet keeps you safe but doesn’t weigh much.
- 25.9dB SNR protection will save you from the noise.
- Two types of visors offer great flexibility and security.
- The internal headband can be adjusted at four points, so you’ll be able to fit it.
- Visors can be removed if needed, so you can avoid any extra weight.
- It’ll be a bit tough to assemble if you don’t have prior experience.
- The hat is very small in size.
4. Forester Arborist Helmet – Best Homeowner Chainsaw Helmet
The Forester helmet is one of the most versatile as it comes in three different sizes to choose from. This helmet is ANSI Z89.1-2009 Type 1, Class E, G & C certified, which boasts the superb protection that it offers.
It also offers earmuffs that come with an ANSI S12.42 21dB certification. With the help of these muffs, you’ll be able to keep your ears safe from the bustle of heavy works.
If you’re going to be using a chainsaw, then these are highly recommended. From this kit, you’ll get a protective helmet, safety glasses, and a pair of protective trousers.
The helmet offers a front mesh panel that can keep you safe from flying objects, and the outer shell of this helmet is made of polyester, which is a very protective and tough material. 4 ply WTS-34 backs up the polyester.
You can adjust the helmet flexibly. It comes with a few adjustable bands that’ll help you make sure it fits you perfectly.
- Offers a complete package of a helmet, trousers, and safety glasses.
- Available in three different sizes.
- Can be adjusted to a great degree, so you can ensure it fits you properly.
- The Mesh panel at the front protects eyes from flying particles.
- ANSI/ISEA Z89.1-2009 Type 1, Class E, G & C rating certified.
- ANSI S12.42 21dB rated earmuffs will keep your ears safe.
- The glass protector isn’t that good.
- Steel mesh gets rusty where the sweat drips frequently.
5. STIHL Woodcutter Helmet
If you want to avoid long and arduous assembly procedures, then you can go for this helmet from STIHL. This helmet offers one of the most guided and easiest assembly procedures out there.
The earmuffs that you’ll get with this product are very effective. They don’t swivel much, but they are flexible enough to fit right around your ears. All you need to do is press them hard against your ears, and the shape will retain throughout the work.
It has a very robust top hat. The hat is shock-resistant, and you’ll be able to withstand even the heaviest blows. Despite the robust build, this helmet is quite lightweight, which makes it suitable for any workload.
You’ll be covered by a steel mesh front panel. The panel can be removed on demand, and you can also put it aside without removing it. This panel will save your eyes and make sure that they don’t get dusty.
Another amazing feature is the ventilation that this helmet provides. Due to the good level of ventilation, you’ll be able to avoid heavy sweating.
- Easy assembly process. Can be assembled by beginners even.
- The helmet offers great ventilation, so you’ll be able to keep your head cool.
- The top hat of this helmet is very tough and robust.
- The front steel mesh panel protects against dust.
- The earmuffs fit right into place easily.
- Earmuffs are good at noise isolation, so you’ll be able to keep your ears safe.
- Suspension makes it very comfortable to wear.
- A bit more expensive than most other helmets.
- Some might face difficulty adjusting it.
6. Husqvarna Forest Helmet
The Husqvarna Forest helmet offers great features at a great price. One of the unique features of this helmet is that it can be used with only one hand while you wear it. This makes this helmet very easy to handle.
It comes with a steel mesh visor that will protect you from any flying shrapnel. What’s unique about it is that this visor is designed to offer more vision both vertically and horizontally.
There’s a ventilation system at the back of this helmet. This ventilation will help you by keeping the temperature of your head low. As a result, you’ll sweat less and will be able to focus on your work more.
This helmet comes with UV protection, which makes this very suitable for outdoor usage. Due to this feature, you’ll be protected by harmful sun rays when you’re working outdoors.
What’s unique is that this helmet will inform you once the UV protection expires. With this feature, you’ll know the condition of the helmet at any time.
- The helmet informs about the current state of UV protection.
- Mesh ventilation on the back of the helmet for better breathability.
- Steel mesh visor protects face and eyes.
- The design of this helmet makes it very breathable.
- Offers UV protection that’ll keep you safe from sun rays.
- The visor offers a wider vision than usual.
- The protective attributes against UV decay over time.
- Earmuffs are wobbly and they don’t stay attached.
7. TR Industrial Safety Helmet
Last but not least, we have the industrial safety helmet from TR. This recyclable safety helmet offers five of the most important features that you need from a safety helmet.
You’ll get adjustable earmuffs that can also be removed. If you place them against your ears and press them hard, then they will remain at their places. There are two visors that you’ll get with this helmet.
First off, there’s a mesh visor. This mesh visor will offer breathability and protection. However, as it won’t be able to protect you from the fine dust particles, there’s also a plastic visor.
The plastic one will keep you safe from fine dust, but it’ll get scratched and won’t offer any breathability. You can switch between these visors to suit your requirements.
Despite being robust, the helmet is quite lightweight. So, you’ll be able to get the job done easily without much fatigue.
The helmet offers a unique adjustment feature. There’s a dial that’ll allow you to adjust the measurements of the helmet, which will aid you in fitting the helmet properly.
- Adjustment dial that makes adjustment flexible and easy.
- 22dB noise reduction that’ll keep your ears healthy.
- Both mesh and plastic visor that provides all necessary features.
- Robust hat for protecting your head.
- The orange pop color that’s easy to spot, thus making it more secure.
- Lightweight helmet so you won’t face fatigue.
- The head strap is a bit flimsy.
- The earmuff connectors aren’t of that high quality.
While finding the best chainsaw helmet can be tough, it’s not impossible to pick the most suitable one for yourself. Our guide was designed to make this process even easier.
We picked only the very best the market has to offer, and we’re confident that you won’t find any better product out there. So, it’s recommended that you browse through these products and pick the right one for you.
While you look for the right one, emphasize more on the size and the fit than the features. Unless the helmet fits you perfectly, you won’t get anything out of the features.